Monday, March 13, 2023

Absence makes heart fodder

 

My year-long absence – but not for lack of fondness or fodder

I’m so pleased to be writing again. If my creative output was spotty before, it’s been downright absent this past year dur to a setback in the form of a stroke. And not a stroke of genius, for that continues to elude me, but a stroke of the medical sort.

My brain is functioning much better, but my vision is impaired, meaning I am slower to commit words to paper and keyboard. But, I am pleased with the progress.

Events of the year now passed caused me to change course a little, resulting in two self-publishing projects completed (links below). During my years in conventional publishing I never imagined that self-publishing was in the cards but I’m not getting any younger. Neither were my excuses.

Two of those excuses – projects that kept me distracted – are now out of the way, thanks to self-publishing. Now I can get back to a full length project begun years ago. We’ll see how that goes.

The same rationing of my brain’s bandwidth due to the stroke has been responsible – well, has been by excuse – for a hiatus from editorializing (a.k.a. ranting) but I’m hopeful that more writing, less coffee, fewer crossword puzzles and more exercise will improve and multiply.

I’ve created “tinyurls’ to get you to the appropriate Amazon pages. Both books are available as ebooks.

Mike Hunter

p.s. I do have print copies available at home in West Bay, NS.

No Place Like Home: Short Stories From The Landing 
 
The Echo: More Short Stories From The Landing

 

No comments:

Post a Comment